WCLA to Award $4,000 in College Scholarships
Eligibility requirements include:
- applicant must be a resident of Weld County,
- have earned a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher,
- have an agricultural background or be pursuing an agricultural career,
- be planning to attend an accredited college, junior college or trade school in the fall of 2020 as a freshman or sophomore, and
- the Gene and Sharon Inloes Scholarship requires a livestock-related major.
Applications can be found at https://www.weldcountylivestock.org/scholarships
Completed application packets must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2020 and mailed to:
WCLA Scholarship Committee
16291 CR 108
Nunn, CO 80648
The scholarship winners will be notified by May 1, 2020.
For additional scholarship information, email email@example.com.
WCLA, an affiliate of the Colorado Cattlemen’s Association, was founded in 1943 with the mission to strengthen the livestock industry in Weld County, Colorado, through youth education, scholarships and producer events. It is also the voice of livestock producers in Weld County providing input and leadership on policy at the local, state and national level to benefit livestock production. Membership is open to all Weld County residents.
Funds for the WCLA scholarship program are primarily raised through the annual Family Ranch Rodeo, which is held in September at the Southeast Colorado Fairgrounds in Keenesbrug, Colo.
For Rodeo participant and sponsorship information, or WCLA membership information, visit https://www.weldcountylivestock.org or email
Weld County Livestock Association is led by a volunteer board, including: Dale Jackson, president; Jim Magnuson, vice-president; Boyd Collins, secretary/treasurer; Jeff Cooksey; Cari Flack; Jon Flack; Brandy Geiger; Emmett Jordan; Jason Kern; Andy Lawrence; Craig Lawrence and Jack Lawrence.