NFU Honors 26 Congressional Champions of Family Agriculture with Golden Triangle Award
WASHINGTON – National Farmers Union (NFU) proudly recognized 26 outstanding U.S. Senators and Representatives who have demonstrated leadership and support at the federal policymaking level for family farmers, ranchers and their rural communities.
The Golden Triangle Award, the family farm organization’s highest legislative honor, was presented to each recipient this week during NFU’s Fall Legislative Fly-In.
“The Golden Triangle Award recognizes farm and food champions in Congress that display outstanding leadership on the issues that are important to both our industry and our organization. We’re appreciative of their insight and devotion to securing the nation’s food supply for the good of both American family farmers and consumers,” said NFU President Roger Johnson.
The Golden Triangle, first presented in 1988, symbolizes the core principles of the Farmers Union organization: education, cooperation, and legislation. This year’s Golden Triangle honorees were selected for their leadership and dedication to improving the livelihoods of family farmers and ranchers.
The 2019 recipients of the Golden Triangle Award are:
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin, Wisconsin
- U.S. Senator Michael Bennet, Colorado
- U.S. Senator Cory Booker, New Jersey
- U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown, Ohio
- U.S. Senator Bob Casey, Pennsylvania
- U.S. Representative Angie Craig, Minnesota
- U.S. Representative Rosa DeLauro, Connecticut
- U.S. Senator Richard Durbin, Illinois
- U.S. Representative Tom Emmer, Minnesota *Correction*
- U.S. Representative Jeff Fortenberry, Nebraska
- U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, New York
- U.S. Senator John Hoeven, North Dakota
- U.S. Representative Marcy Kaptur, Ohio
- U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota
- U.S. Representative Ann Kuster, New Hampshire
- U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy, Vermont
- U.S. Representative Dave Loebsack, Iowa
- U.S. Representative Ben Ray Lujan, New Mexico
- U.S. Representative Nancy Pelosi, California
- U.S. Representative Collin Peterson, Minnesota
- U.S. Representative Chellie Pingree, Maine
- U.S. Representative Mark Pocan, Wisconsin
- U.S. Senator Tina Smith, Minnesota
- U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow, Michigan
- U.S. Senator Jon Tester, Montana
- U.S. Senator John Thune, South Dakota
More information about the NFU Fall Legislative Fly-In can be found on the NFU website.
Looking for photos? Find them on NFU’s Flickr.
Follow along with Fly-In participants using the hashtag #NFUFlyIn19.