SRM Annual Meeting: Producer’s Forum Feb 10-14 in Minneapolis, MN
December 18, 2018 (SRM) – The Society for Range Management (SRM) 72nd Annual Meeting, being held Sunday, February 10 through Thursday, February 14, 2019 in Minneapolis, Minnesota will feature a number of exciting and informative sessions and symposia. Notably, each year the meeting serves as host to the annual Producer’s Forum. This year’s Forum will feature presentations by agency representatives, producers, members of the private sector, and land managers.
The Forum will feature a look at regional-specific rangelands and management practices, in addition to discussions on national issues and concerns. Session topics and presentations include:
- National GLC: Empowering and Impacting Grazing Land Managers, Rob Cook, Noble Research Institute – Ardmore, OK;
- Targeted and Conservation Grazing: Exploring Two Grazing Management Concepts, Beth Reynolds, Cal Poly State University – San Luis Obispo, CA;
- Good Grass/Bad Grass: Cool Season Invasive Grass Management Kenny Miller – Fort Rice, ND;
- Perspectives from the Hiring Agent and Grazing Practitioner: Relationships that Work, JB Bright, USFWS – Morris, MN Rod Weber, Rancher – MN, Alysse Sorensen, The Munch Bunch – St. Croix Falls, WI, Colleen Matula, WI DNR – Mellen, WI;
- Minnesota Native Landscapes Conservation Grazing: An Integrated Approach to Land Management Presented by Jake Janski, Minnesota Native Landscapes – Otsego, MN;
- Big Appetites and Sharp Hooves: Oak Savannah and Wetland Restoration on Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge Cody Carlstrom, USFWS Biologist – Zimmerman, MN;
- Got Electronetting? Controlling Invasive Woody Species with Goats Jake Langeslag, Goat Dispatch – Faribault, MN;
- Making Pastures More Productive with Leafy Spurge, Ron Hanson, Rancher – ND;
- Bringing Home the Bacon: Controlling Buckthorn with Hogs Jake Pettit, Pettit Pastures – Milaca, MN;
- Practitioner’s Panel Q&A
The Producer’s Forum will be held Tuesday, February 12th, from 8am-5pm. The Forum is open to the public and can be registered for here:In addition to the Forum, a full list of sessions is available on the SRM 2019 Annual Meeting website, , and a full program will be available prior to the meeting.
Registration for the conference is now open and can be found online:. Meeting specific hotel room blocks are also available online: .
Please direct any questions regarding the 2015 SRM Annual Meeting to Kelly Fogarty:or 202-870-3342.
MISSION: Providing leadership for the Stewardship of Rangelands based on sound ecological principles.
VISION: A well-trained and highly motivated group of professionals and rangeland users working with productive, sustainable rangeland ecosystems.