Inside the BARN & FarmCast Radio with CO Ag Commissioner Don Brown…
(BARN Media / FarmCast Radio – Briggsdale, CO) September 6, 2018 – Joining the Colorado Ag News Network inside the BARN is Colorado Commissioner of Agriculture Don Brown discussing several topics including:
- Fall is a busy time around Colorado – Grain Harvest & Wheat Planting
- Farm Bill is in Conference Committee – Will Congress Beat the Deadline?
- Trade Issues – Tariffs & Trade War Updates
- USDA’s $12B Trade Aid and the Impact on Colorado Producers, if at all
- NAFTA Update – U.S/Mexico “Handshake” Deal – What about Canada?
- Millet Marketing Order Update – Ballots were due by Aug 31st
- Republican River CREP Agreement
- CDA’s New Video Communications Specialist from Weld Food Bank
- EIA Confirmation of horse in Weld County Update
- RECAP 146th 2018 CO State Fair – 36 CSF Video Archives (66 hours of Livestock Shows / CO Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Junior Livestock Sale / CO Farm Bureau’s Governors Beef Show)
- History CO’s Colorado Centennial Farms & Ranches Video Archive
- 2018 Pedal the Plains
- & More
Listen to the interview with CO Agriculture Commissioner Don Brown below…
The mission of the Department of Agriculture is to strengthen and advance Colorado agriculture; promote a safe, high quality, and sustainable food supply; and protect consumers, the environment, and natural resources. The vision of the Department of Agriculture is that Colorado agriculture be strong and vibrant, a key driver of the state’s economy, and recognized worldwide for its safe, affordable, and abundant supply of high quality food and agricultural products.
If you would like to learn more about the Colorado Department of Agriculture stop by their offices @ 305 Interlocken Parkway in Broomfield, CO, give them a call @ 303-869-9000 or visit the CDA online @ www.colorado.gov/ag