Syngenta introduces new AgriPro brand winter wheat varieties to address local growing conditions
- Growers can select multiple top-performing varieties for their wheat operations
- Local agronomic support provided by a broad network of experienced associates
MINNETONKA, Minn., USA, Aug. XX, 2018 – Syngenta is adding five new winter wheat varieties to its proven portfolio of AgriPro® brand wheat for the 2018 season. Each variety was developed to address specific production challenges from Texas to Montana.
- SY Rugged produces high yields across variable environments with good test weights as well as rust and drought tolerance in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas. SY Rugged has been the top-yielding variety in three years of testing in the western High Plains.
- SY 517 CL2 features good winter hardiness and straw strength with two-gene herbicide tolerance. Its area of adaptation includes Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota and Montana.
- SY Benefit has tolerance to fusarium head blight when planting after corn. In eastern Kansas, it has out-yielded Everest by 3.7 bu/A over three years and 3.4 bu/A in central Kansas.
- SY Achieve CL2 has two-gene herbicide tolerance and is early maturing, resulting in very high yields in Kansas and Oklahoma. It has also been at the top of university forage trails in both states for those considering grazing. Hard red winter wheat variety Bob Dole features a good disease package with leaf and stripe rust tolerance along with excellent end use quality.
“Our new class of winter wheat varieties continues our tradition of developing top-performing varieties that address local production challenges,” said Greg McCormack, Syngenta key account manager for the Plains region. “We’ve seen excellent results from these varieties over the past couple years of testing and are confident they will fulfill a need on growers’ farms.”
Backed by more than 50 years of wheat breeding expertise, AgriPro wheat varieties are consistent top performers. AgriPro varieties deliver reliable performance where they are planted, offering best-in-class disease packages, leading agronomics and outstanding yields.
For more information about these and other AgriPro brand wheat varieties or to find a local AgriPro Associate, visit www.agriprowheat.com. Join the conversation online – connect with us at Syngenta-us.com/social.
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world-class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. To learn more visitwww.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Syngenta and www.twitter.com/SyngentaUS.