The BARN / FarmCast Radio – BRIGGSDALE, CO – August 8, 2018 – Election Day will be upon us very soon and CO will be voting for a NEW Attorney General, and over the next two weeks, The BARN, the CO Ag News Network & FarmCast Radio will be taking time to visit with both candidates from the Republican and Democratic parties.
My first guest is Democrat Candidate, Phil Weiser, Hatfield Professor of Law, Dean Emeritus, and the Founder and Executive Director of the Silicon Flatirons Center for Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship at the University of Colorado Law School.
The interview includes the following topics:
- Weiser’s Background & Why the run for CO Attorney General?
- Weiser’s take on Duties & Responsibilities for CO Attorney General
- Weiser’s Summer Listening Tour
- Weiser’s thoughts on: Opioid Epidemic; Water (Weiser’s Water Plan); Air Quality; Land; Democracy; Equal Justice Under the Law; Immigration – Legal and Illegal; Border Security; Sanctuary State Policy; Affordable Care Act; ReDistricting – Gerrymandering; Political Finance Transparency;
- Weiser’s regard for U.S. Constitution & Colorado Constitution
- Is Colorado Agriculture a Priority & Where does it fit in Weiser’s description of “Protect CO’s Land, Air & Water”
- Will Weiser be able to work with a NEW Governor, whether it be Republican Walker Stapleton or Democrat Jared Polis?
- Confidence in U.S. and Colorado Election System & Security
- Voter ID
- Final Thoughts – Learn more about Phil Weiser
*This is part 1 of a 2-part series regarding the Race for Colorado’s next Attorney General – Republican Candidate George Brauchler will be a guest Inside the BARN on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 @ 10am MT