NCGA: August is Member Recruitment Month
This month, the National Corn Growers Association is holding a membership drive campaign, encouraging farmers who aren’t members to consider joining their state and national organizations.
“Becoming a member of my state organization and NCGA gave me the opportunity to develop my leadership skills and become more active in the association,” says John Linder, Ohio farmer and Chair of the Engaging Members Committee. “Our goal is for more corn farmers to become involved in the state and national organizations to help promote issues important to corn growers, develop new leaders and increase membership engagement and diversity.”
Top 10 Benefits of Becoming a Member:
- Grassroots Advocacy – Make your voice heard in your state capital and Washington on important issues like market access, farm bill and ethanol—membership dollars, not checkoff dollars, drive advocacy.
- Scholarships –Apply for college scholarships for you or your children.
- Commodity Classic – Attend our annual meeting and trade show—Commodity Classic—at a discounted rate and join farmers from across the U.S. to learn about the latest technology and innovations in the industry.
- Leadership Development – Develop your leadership skills and better serve your community through leadership programs and serve on an Action Team or state and national boards.
- Communications – Receive the most insightful and up-to-date communications, including emails with the latest news impacting your farm and community.
- Valuable Perks – Receive discounts from Cabela’s, Dell, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Office Depot and on hotels across the country.
- National Corn Yield Contest – Compete in the National Corn Yield Contest to encourage the development of new, sustainable and innovative management practices for higher yields.
- Consumer Education – Support efforts to help the general public understand and support modern agriculture.
- Research & Business Development – Encourage research into new uses to drive corn grind and research into corn production.
- Stewardship Education – Improve management practices to help achieve your goals to be good stewards of the land through sustainable farming initiatives.
Current members are eligible for state and national prizes if they recruit friends and neighbors to join NCGA and their state association.
To learn more, contact your state association or national at http://www.ncga.com/about-ncga/membership.
You can become a member by going to JoinCornGrowers.com.