(The BARN / FarmCast Radio – Briggsdale, CO) July 17, 2018 – For 103 years the Yuma County Fair has gained the reputation over a wide area as having one of the finest County Fairs in Colorado and this year there are numerous reasons to come out and support the event and check out the plans for a NEW Ag Innovation Event Center too.
Joining the BARN by telephone is Dave Vondy, Business, Public Relations and Fundraising Consultant On the Ag Innovation Event Center to discuss the new facility at the Yuma County Fairgrounds and also preview the 2018 Yuma County Fair…
UPDATED PRESS RELEASE – July 31, 2018
Ag Innovation Event Center
Summer Celebration & Party Under the Big Tent
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
A special thanks to Tent Sponsors Nutrien Ag Solutions and West Plains Commodities. A special thanks to Darcy Stallings for the Tables and Chair donations!
Live Auction Items:
Draft as of 7/31/18 – Accepting additional live and silent auction donations as soon as possible for the event. Please reach out to anyone associated with the Ag Innovation Event Center for more information…
*** Draft – Some items may switch positions in the live and silent auction depending on what additional items get donated… A final master list will be available the day of the auction. Thanks for your support! ***
- 2 CSU Football Tickets to the “Ag Day Game” versus Illinois State, 2 Ag Day BBQ Meal Passes and a parking pass to the “Ag Day” September 22, 2018 at the new CSU On Campus Stadium: Sonny Lubick Field at Canvas Stadium. Colorado agricultural growers and producers prepare Colorado’s premier outdoor barbeque from quality Colorado food products. (Donated by the Bob & Darlene Carpio Family)
- 10,000 Bushels of grain (corn or wheat) in the next calendar year to be picked up and delivered to CHS free of freight charge for CHS customers or future clients. CHS is willing to come and pick up grain within a 50-mile radius of the Yuma Stations. Estimated value $1,500 – $2,000. (Donated by Mr. John Ptacnik of CHS Yuma.)
- John Elway Autographed Football (Donated by Rob Nelson, Mirr Ranch Group)
- Trip 1 – National Western Stock Show & Rodeo Finals Tickets January 2019. Enjoy one of the biggest ag events in Colorado. Get up close with 4 row 8 tickets by the bucking chutes for the NWSS Rodeo Finals. The 4 tickets also include NWSS grounds admission as well. Make your plans to be there in January for the National Western Stock Show! (Donated by the Wagon Wheel Ranch)
- Vacation Trip 2 – Mexico Resort for 4 Nights (Quick Get-a-way)
- Jim Powell Art Collection Galary I – Windmill Collection. Signed Limited Edition Art with Custom Framing, Conservation grade glass (acid free mat and backing) (Donated by Jim Powell) (Frames donated by Simply Frames & Blach Services, LLC.) Estimated Value $400 each.
- Windmill A
- Windmill B
- Windmill C
- Memorabilia Package I: Denver Broncos Sports Memorabilia (Choice of 3)
- Elway/Manning Super Bowl Collage
- Peyton Manning Touch Down Record
- Von Miller Super Bowl 50 MVP
- Jody Buck Custom Art Piece “Colorado Ag” 16”x20”x75” Mixed Media
- Vacation Fishing Trip 3 – High Mountain Drifters Guide Service Half a Day Gunnison, CO Float Fishing Trip in the Gunnison Country – Gunnison, Colorado Spring/Sumer 2019 (Via Trade from Western State Colorado University Athletics & Jed Gleghorn) Overnight hotel lodging compliments of All-American Consulting in the Gunnison, CO area.
- Ballyneal Golf for 4 on one of the greatest sand hill courses in the world. Get away from it all and enjoy the pleasant peacefulness of Ballyneal Golf located in the sandhills between Wray and Holyoke, CO. An amazing course and opportunity. (Donated by George Seward & Seward Family Farms)
- Memorabilia Package II: Celebrities (Choice of 3)
- So God Made a Farmer – Paul Harvey
- Johnny Cash & Elvis Presley
- Triple Crown Winner – Justify
- Farmers Package: 130 acres of aerial or ground application to keep your crops looking great. (Donated by Yuma Ag)
- Lisa Blach Custom Art Piece
- Trip 4 – 2019 Cheyenne Frontier Days Wyoming Get-A-Way Packages: Enjoy the wild west with a great day of festive events. Start the day with 4 tickets in the CFD Box Suites above the famous Cheyenne Frontier Day Bucking Chutes and witness some of the greatest cowboys and cowgirls in the world. Wrap the day up with 4 tickets to the evening concert to make a great memory! (Donated by Lex Madden, Michael Schmitt & Chuck Petersen of Torrington Livestock & Cattle Country Video).
- Karl Mecklenburg (Denver Broncos Ring of Fame Linebacker from the 80’s & 90’s) (Autograph jersey donated by All-American Consulting. Frame and matte donated by Simply Frames & Such)
- Custom Built Cowboy Knife by artist Kerry Weed with choice of wood or antler handle of winners choice and inlaid with winning bidders brand, sheath included. These custom one of a kind Cowboy Knifes have brought over $1,000 at other benefit auctions. See Kenny Rogers for more details…(Donated by Kerry Weed)
- Vacation Trip 5 – Napa Valley, CA (Appetite for Wine Tour) Enjoy the best of California Wine County in this amazing package.
- Memorabilia Package II: Golf Enthusiasts (Choice of 3)
- Tiger / Jordan “Golfing”
- Palmer & Nicklaus “Smokin”
- Celebrity Tin from a Celebrity Golf Tournament (Donated by Rob Nelson, Mirr Ranch Group)
- Trip Hunting Package 6 – Prairie Storm Hunting Package (Prairie View, KS – East of Norton, KS) – 2 Person Quail / Pheasant Hunt in January 2019. Includes overnight stay in the Prairie Storm Hunting Lodge. (Donated by Prairie Storm Outfitting & All-American Consulting)
- Jim Powell Art Collection Galary II – Signed Limited Edition Farm & Ranch Art with Custom Framing, Conservation grade glass (acid free mat and backing) (Donated by Jim Powell) (Frames donated by Simply Frames & Blach Services, LLC.) Estimated Value $400 each.
- Harvest Night
- Cowboy Sunset Walk
- Cowboy Sunset Silhouette
- Vacation Trip 7 – Mexico Luxury for 7 Nights (Luxury Package) More details to come…
- Shaw Family Guided Antelope Hunt in the Yuma County Area. Join the Shaw family this October 2018 for a one-of-a-kind private land owner voucher antelope hunt. Available to in-state or out-of-state hunter.
- Ty Blach Major League Baseball (MLB) Memorabilia (Donated by Ty Blach & the Blach Family) (TBD)
- Vacation Trip 8 – One Day of Magic at the Masters (Golfers Dream) More details to come…
- Memorabilia Package IV – Baseball
- Colorado Rockies Legends
- Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig
- Joe Dimaggio & Marilyn Monroe
- Vacation Fishing Trip 8 – Guided Wyoming Fly Fishing Trip, Blue Ribbon Trout Steam in Casper, Wyoming. Donated by Coach Mark Lenhardt & All-American Consulting via Jed Gleghorn Hunt Trade.
- Custom ”Red Angus Calf” Art Drawing by Alyse Wenstrom.
- Vacation Trip 5 – TBD
- Denver Broncos – Super Bowl Rings Box Set
- Your Donation Item here…
- Meat Package (Choice)
- 20 pounds of fresh salmon fresh off of a fishing trip, (Donated by Bryan Dickson & Simplot Soilbuilders)
Silent Auction Items:
- Barbie Miner Items TBD
- Studio 909 Hair Salon Gift Package
- Private dog obedience lesson – one hour. One handler and one dog to train with an American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Evaluator in Yuma or Sterling within the next three months. $100 retail each of two lessons. (Total retail $200) (Donated by Tammy Fehringer, American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Evaluator)
Draft as of 7/24/18 – Accepting additional live and silent auction donations as soon as possible for the event. Please reach out to anyone associated with the Ag Innovation Event Center for more information…
Thanks for all your support and contributions!
Ag Innovation Event Center
Yuma County – CO
Dave Blach, President
Kenny Rogers, Vice President
Gary Hoffner, Treasurer
Nicole Frank, Secretary
Business, Marketing & Fundraising Consultant
Dave Vondy, All-American Consulting
Ag Innovation Event Center Fundraising Committee, *Executive Board Member
Dave Vondy – Consultant
The Ag Innovation Event Center Executive Board would like to invite you to the upcoming Yuma County Fair and festivities. On Tuesday, August, 7, 2018 we will be hosting an Ag Innovation Event Center Summer Celebration & Party Under the Big Tent! We will have a live band starting right after the PRCA Rodeo around 3:00 pm on the north side of the rodeo grounds of the Yuma County Fair. Between sets of the live band, we will have a fundraising auction for the Ag Innovation Event Center. The live band and live fundraising auction will go from around 3:00 – 5:30pm.
Ag Innovation Event Center Summer Celebration & Party Under the Big Tent!
Live Band & Live Fundraising Auction
3 – 5:30 PM
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
(Look for the big tent north of the Yuma County Fair Rodeo Arena)
Proceeds to benefit the Ag Innovation Event Center Project!
Save the date and invite your friends!
Check out the promotional video for the proposed Ag Innovation Event Center at the Yuma County Fairgrounds