NFU: How to Help Those Affected by Hurricanes
- The Texas Tribune put together a comprehensive list of organizations, charities, and other resources for Hurricane Harvey victims and those who want to help.
- Farm Aid’s Family Farm Disaster Fund helps farm families recover from weather-related disasters. They are currently assisting farmers in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and Puerto Rico.
- The State of Texas Agriculture Relief Fund is collecting & distributing funds for farmers and ranchers affected by natural disasters.
- Barnraiser will distribute money raised through their Texas Farmer Rancher Disaster Relief fund to help farmers and ranchers affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Florida Farm Bureau assembled a list of resources for farmers and ranchers in need of assistance.
Those who would like to help Florida farmers can donate to Florida Specialty Crop Foundation’s hurricane relief fund.
Florida farmworkers are also struggling – help them through the Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- For more general disaster assistance, Vox put together a comprehensive list of Florida charities and resources.
- To help Puerto Rico farmers, donate seeds, tools, and financial assistance here.
- For more general assistance for Puerto Rico, The New York Times featured a comprehensive list of charities.
National Farmers Union has been working since 1902 to protect and enhance the economic well-being and quality of life for family farmers, ranchers and rural communities through advocating grassroots-driven policy positions adopted by its membership.