…Invites you to drop by their Family-Friendly Community Appreciation BASH & FREE BBQ – Friday, Aug. 11th 4-8 p.m. @ Houston Gardens, 515 23rd Ave., Greeley.
Come eat, enjoy the abundant beauty of their 7 acres, discover the resources available to District constituents, and learn from the following conservation activities:
- The Rocky Mountain Raptor program and their birds of prey
- The CSU Bug Mobile Zoo with crawly creatures to investigate
- Explore our NRCS Resource Soil Scientist’s soil tunnel & 5 Senses of Soil demonstration
- Exterminator/Taxidermist will bring fascinating creations
- Greeley West H.S. FFA Petting Zoo & Tucker Dairy Bucket Calf
- Visit the honey Beehives, learn about Pollinators, sample Rice’s Lucky Clover Honey
- Information about Weld County Weeds
- Central Colorado Water Conservancy District
- Hike our 4 Colorado Ecosystems on handicapped accessible trails
- View the oldest and largest community garden plots in Greeley
- Country Sunshine Jams @ Gregory Orchard – grown from WGCD Tree Sale trees
- Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory
Please RSVP by Noon Monday, Aug. 7th 970-356-8097 x: 3
Serving 5 p.m. until the food runs out!
West Greeley Conservation District wants to build awareness about their services and nurture relationships to encourage people to be thoughtful conservationists. WGCD provides education to youth and adults, both urban and rural, who strive toward careers serving Weld County through: Natural Resources, Environmental Studies, Agriculture, Animal Science, Agribusiness, Water, Forestry, and related conservation fields.
This will be an exciting evening for all ages. Hope to see YOU at Houston Gardens!
Event Parking west of the Boys & Girls Club, 2400 W. 4th St. enter through west gate, shuttles available.
Submitted to The BARN by:
West Greeley Conservation District please visit – http://www.wgcd.org/