Colorado Cattlemen’s Association Ag Water NetWORK to Host a Webinar on Irrigation Efficiency and Water Rights
Arvada, CO — Colorado Cattlemen’s Association’s Ag Water NetWORK will host a webinar highlighting the interrelationship between agricultural water rights and irrigation efficiency. Plan to join the webinar on Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 at 12:00 PM. The webinar, entitled “Irrigation Efficiency and Consumptive Use: Facts and Myths” will cover basic aspects of ag water rights, as well as how irrigation methods can influence the historic consumptive use of a water right.
Colorado Cattlemen’s Association, through the Ag Water NetWORK; serves as a convener of water stakeholders from the agriculture, conservation, and public sector interests in delivering meaningful dialogue and services to agriculture water right holders. The webinar will be the second in a series of webinars hosted by CCA; aiming to increase the knowledge of ag water right holders, as it relates to navigating complex water laws and the obstacles posed by competing water-related interests.
The webinar speakers are Kevin Rein, Deputy State Engineer of the Colorado Division of Water Resources; and Bill Trampe, lifelong Gunnison County rancher and member of the Gunnison River Basin Roundtable.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Does increasing irrigation efficiency conserve water?
- Can the historic consumptive use of a water right be affected by installing a more efficient irrigation system?
- Is there a difference between the amount of water diverted and the amount of water put to beneficial use?
- If less water is diverted due to an irrigation efficiency upgrade, what are the return flow implications?
- What is an augmentation plan?
- How do return flows influence the timing of water movement through a watershed?
The webinar will be held from 12:00 to 1:00 pm on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 and is free to attend. <Register Now> Participation instructions are available by contacting the CCA office at 303-431-6422 or contacting Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** Please join the session 5 – 10 minutes prior to the start of the webinar. ***