Colorado State University and representatives from Colorado’s food and agriculture community invite you to participate in a discussion on the future of our food system in Colorado. We are bringing together stakeholders for a series of town hall discussions across Colorado. Your input will help project leaders build a blueprint of Colorado’s food and agricultural efforts which will outline its strengths, emerging opportunities and challenges, as well as priorities for future investments.
The Colorado agricultural and food system has a variety of stakeholders
and identifying common ground is key to their ability to become stronger. These town halls represent a unique opportunity to bring together these diverse stakeholders to help:
- Formulate a blueprint of key assets and food system linkages,
noting how they are influenced by emerging issues
- Guide priorities and levers we hope partner organizations will use as
a guide for future investments, programming, and policies
- Sustain the state’s standing as a global leader in production and
processing while maintaining the culture of quality of life, health and
livable communities that makes Colorado unique
If you are a farmer, agricultural researcher, food security advocate, or just passionate about the future of food in Colorado, you are encouraged to attend. For more information, please visit Colorado State University’s website.
Spanish translation services are available upon request. Light refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Region 1: Western Colorado
- March: Delta County Conservation District/Economic Development location TBD
- Working to finalize details.
- February 6: 2 to 4pm at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds 10165 Co Rd 120, Salida, CO 81201
- February 7: 10:30am to noon at the Monte Vista Theater
- March 1: 9:30-11:30am at the Pueblo City-County Health Department 101 W 9th St, Pueblo, CO 81003
- Satellite location Kiowa County Courthouse 1305 N. Goff Street, Eads, CO 91036
- February 27th 10:30-12pm in Rawlings Heritage Center at 560 Bent Avenue Las Animas, Colorado
- February 13: 9-11am at the Tenant Art Gallery on the ground Floor of the student center on the Northeastern Junior College Campus.
- March 13: 1-3pm and 6-8pm at the SW Weld Services Building 4209 County Rd 24 1/2, Longmont, CO 80504
- February 14: 2-4pm at the Steamboat Springs Community Center 1605 Lincoln Ave, Steamboat Springs, CO
- February 13: 2-4pm at the Douglas County Fairgrounds 500 Fairgrounds Rd, Castle Rock, CO 80104
For more information please contact:
CSU Local & Regional Food Systems website: http://foodsystems.colostate.edu/
Libby Christensen – Libby.Christensen@colostate.edu
Becca Jablonski – Becca.Jablonski@colostate.edu
Rocky Mountain Farmers Union is a general farm organization, whose members live in Colorado, New Mexico, and Wyoming.