Managing Resistant Kochia
BURLINGTON, CO – December 15, 2016 – Here are ten things you can to do to manage resistant kochia:
- Use herbicide tank mixes. Efficacy on kochia will increase.
- Use full labeled herbicide rates.
- Apply post-emergent tank mixes to kochia before the weed is 6 inches tall.
- Actively growing kochia is easier to control than weeds that are under moisture stress.
- Apply herbicides with 3 to 10 gallons per acre water.
- Use recommended additives and adjuvants.
- Flat fan nozzles are recommended. Other types can work effectively also.
- Re-apply herbicides as later kochia flushes emerge.
- Rotate crops along with herbicides.
- Follow all manufacturer recommendations to enhance coverage and minimize drift risk.
SOURCE: Monsanto Company
Submitted to Barn Media by:
CSU Golden Plains Area Extension, Ron Meyer, Area Extension Agent (Agronomy),
(719) 346-5571 x 305, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University Extension programs are available to all without discrimination.
Colorado State University Extension is your local university community connection for research-based information about natural resource management; living well through raising kids, eating right and spending smart; gardening and commercial horticulture; the latest agricultural production technologies and community development. Extension 4-H and youth development programs reach more than 90,000 young people annually, over half in urban communities.