CO AgrAbility Winter Workshops set for 2016-2017
(The BARN – Briggsdale, CO) October 13, 2016 – The workshops will be presented by Dr. Norman L. Dalsted, CSU Extension, Candiss Leathers and James Craig of Goodwill Industries of Denver.
“AgrAbility, How to Work Well with Agricultural Lenders and Bankers” and “Mental Wellness for Rural America” will be the topics.
The workshops are for Colorado farm and ranch families who are dealing with barriers created by illnesses, conditions, or limitations, and for professionals who work with them.
Joining the Colorado Ag News Network to discuss in more detail about the upcoMing winter workshops is Colorado AgrAbility’s Rural Rehabilitation Specialist James Craig…
Workshops are from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with a free box lunch provided for those who pre-register at least one week prior to the workshop and include:
- Buena Vista: October 27th, 2016, Sangre De Cristo Electric Association, 29780 North Highway 24, Buena Vista, CO., with Kurt Jones (719-539-6447 ).
- Trinidad: November 19th, 2016, Pioneer Room in the Sullivan Student Center at Trinidad State Junior College, 600 Prospect St, Trinidad, CO 81082Trinidad, with Dean Oatman (719-846-6881).
- Pueblo: November 16th, 2016, County Extension Office, 701 Court St. Pueblo, CO. 81003 with Tom Laca (719-583-6566).
- Walden: November 29th, 2016, Jackson County Fairgrounds, Wattenberg Center, 686 CR 42 Walden, with Debbie Alpe (970-723-4298).
- Delta: January 18th, 2017, County Courthouse, 501Palmer St. Delta, Co. 81416, Rm #234, with Doug Dean,(970-244-1834)
- Aurora: February 1st , 2017, 25690 E Quincy Ave, Aurora, CO 80016, with Johnathan Vrbeck, (719-661-2286)
- Yuma: February 14th, 2017, Concession Building at the Yuma County Fairgrounds, 410 W. Hoag Ave., Yuma, CO. 853656 , with Dennis Kaan, (970- 345-2287, Mobile: 970-520-1826).
- Sterling: February 15, 2017, County Extension Office, 508 South 10th Sterling, CO. 80751 with Dennis Kaan (Voice: 970-345-2287, Mobile: 970-520-1826)
If you want to participate, please call or email Candiss Leathers (720-539-4435); firstname.lastname@example.org, or Norm Dalsted (970 222-5657); Norman.Dalsted@ColoState.EDU or the Extension agent listed below for more information no later than one week prior to the workshop.
Submitted to the BARN by:
Candiss Leathers, M.A., CVRT
Goodwill Industries of Denver
6850 Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80221