July 13: What Brexit Means for the Global Food System
On June 23, voters in Great Britain called on the nation to withdraw from the European Union (EU). While it may take years before Great Britain formally leaves the EU, the potential repercussions are already
generating political and economic uncertainty across many sectors, including agriculture.
On Wednesday, July 13, the Farm Foundation Forum will explore the topic:
- Mike Dwyer, Chief Economist for the U.S. Feed Grains Council,
- David Green, President of Greenhouse Communications, and
- John Dardis, Senior Vice President of U.S. Corporate Affairs for Glanbia, and the former Agricultural Attache at the Irish Embassy, Washington, D.C.
Farm Foundation President Constance Cullman will moderate the discussion. After comments by the panelists, the floor will be opened for questions and discussion.
There is no charge to participate in the July 13 Forum, but registration is requested.
- Register HERE if you plan to attend the Forum in person at the National Press Club.
- Register HERE to participate in the live audiocast. Audiocasting is made possible by a grant from Farm Credit.
Who should participate in the Forum: People with an interest in agricultural, food and rural policy, including members of Congress, congressional staff, executive branch officials, industry representatives, NGO representatives, academics and members of the media.