Culver’s Introduces #FarmingFridays
Agricultural Influencers to Share Photos and Videos on Restaurant’s Social Media Platforms
PRAIRIE DU SAC, Wis.—June 20, 2016—To give Culver’s social media followers a peek into a day in the life of farming community members, the restaurant chain has asked agricultural influencers to share photos and videos during a seven-week social content series called #FarmingFridays.
The people invited to share information about their farming experiences on Culver’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts will do so every Friday from June 24 to August 5.
“Our restaurants are committed to helping our guests learn more about the people behind the food that they eat,” said David Stidham, vice president of marketing. “We’re humbled by the opportunity to help agricultural experts share their stories with people who otherwise may not have a chance to get a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like to have a career in agriculture.”
Here is the #FarmingFridays schedule:
- June 24: Peterson Farm Bros—Kansas farmers and YouTube sensations.
- July 1: The Farmer’s Daughter USA—Amanda is a practicing attorney by day and farmer’s daughter by night who helps her followers learn more about where their food comes from.
- July 8: National FFA Officer Team—Leaders of the national youth organization that focuses on agricultural education.
- July 15: Alice in Dairyland—Ann O’Leary is a spokesperson for the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection who travels the state promoting its agricultural industry.
- July 22: Troy and Stacy Hadrick—Fifth-generation South Dakota ranchers and Advocates for Agriculture are passionate about the beef industry, sharing their story and taking pride in raising beef for American families.
- July 29: Dairy Carrie—A Wisconsin dairy farmer who loves to share stories about her family’s 100-cow farm on herblog.
- Aug. 5: Pam Jahnke, AKA The Fabulous Farm Babe—Host of The Farm Report with Pam Jahnke, Pam believes that communicating on behalf of food producers is exactly what she was made for.
This initiative is part of Culver’s Thank You Farmers program, which recognizes the hard work and commitment of the farmers who feed the nation. To date, the Thank You Farmers initiative has raised nearly one million dollars in support of the National FFA Organization and Foundation, local FFA chapters and a variety of local agricultural organizations. To learn more about the program and how to get involved, visit www.culvers.com/farmers.
For over 30 years, Culver’s guests have been treated to cooked-to-order food made with farm-fresh ingredients, served with a smile. The ever-expanding franchise system now numbers more than 550 family-owned and operated restaurants in 24 states. The restaurants’ nationally-recognized customer service is based on small-town Midwestern values, genuine friendliness and an unwavering commitment to quality. Signature items include the award-winning ButterBurger®, made from fresh, never frozen, beef, and Fresh Frozen Custard, including the famous Flavor of the Day program. For more information, visithttp://www.culvers.com, http://www.culvers.com/facebook, http://www.twitter.com/culvers, https://plus.google.com/+culvers orhttp://www.instagram.com/culvers.
About the National FFA Organization:
The National FFA Organization is a nationwide youth organization of 629,367 student members who participate in 7,757 local FFA chapters in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. FFA’s mission is to make a positive difference in students’ lives by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. The National FFA Organization operates under a federal charter granted by the 81st U.S. Congress and it is an integral part of public instruction in agriculture. As a service to state and local agricultural education programs, the U.S. Department of Education provides leadership and helps set direction for FFA. For more information, visit the National FFA Organization online at www.FFA.org, on Facebook, Twitter and the official National FFA Organization.