Mark your calendars for Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. for the first in a series of diabetes related webinars to be broadcast in numerous locations across Northeast Colorado. The webinars will allow people to learn about a variety of topics and interact live with the professionals presenting the information.
The first webinar will be presented by Dr. Colby Jolley, a board certified family practitioner at the Haxtun Hospital. She is a strong proponent of preventative care and encourages patients to seek the reward of healthy living by focusing on life style changes. Dr. Jolley will be discussing weight management for the prevention and treatment of diabetes and other chronic disease. She will address how adjusting our behaviors, dietary choices and physical activity plays a role in weight loss and management.
The presentations will be broadcast live to one or more sites in Logan, Kit Carson, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, Morgan, Weld, and Yuma counties. Participants at all sites will be able to ask questions and interact with the presenters. There is no cost to attend at one of the webinar sites, but registration is requested for adequate seating and handouts. For information on locations for the county where you plan to attend, contact the following: Logan County (970-522-3200); Kit Carson County (719-346-7158) Yuma County (970-322-4151); Weld County (970-330-3608); Phillips or Sedgwick counties (970-854-3616); Washington County (970-345-2287).
The one-hour webinar will be broadcast live at 10:00 a.m. from the Haxtun Community Center, 125 East Wilson, Haxtun, Colorado. The other viewing sites for the January 22nd webinar are as follows:
- Kit Carson Health & Human Services, 252 S. 14th Street, Burlington
- Centennial Area Health Education Center, 4650 West 20th Street, Greeley
- East Morgan County Hospital, 2400 Edison, Brush
- Colorado Plains Medical Center, 1000 Lincoln Street, Fort Morgan
- Phillips County Event Center – Ortner Room, 22505 US Highway 385, Holyoke
- Logan County CSU Extension Meeting Room, 508 South 10th Avenue, Sterling
- Sedgwick County CSU Extension Meeting Room, 315 Cedar, County Courthouse, Julesburg
- Washington County CSU Extension Meeting Room, 181 Birch Avenue, Akron
- Wray Community District Hospital, 1017 West 7th Street, Wray
- Yuma District Hospital – Pierce Board Room, 1000 West 8th Avenue, Yuma
Submitted to BARN Media by: Gisele Jefferson, Area Extension Agent (FCS), (970) 345-2287, E-mail: Gisele.firstname.lastname@example.org