12-03-13 American Agri-Women Elects National Officers, Recognize Outstanding Contributors at 38th Annual Convention…
Posted by Brian Allmer on December 3, 2013
MARS HILL, Maine, Nov. 21, 2013 — American Agri-Women (AAW) elected its executive board and recognized outstanding contributors at its 38th annual convention held recently in Niagara Falls, N.Y. Sue McCrum of Mars Hill, Maine, will serve as president in 2014 and 2015.
AAW is the nation’s largest coalition of farm, ranch and agribusiness women representing more than 50 state, commodity and agribusiness affiliates. The 38th annual convention included meetings in Niagara Falls as well as meetings and tours in Ontario, Canada, which were sponsored by several Canadian ag groups. This was the first time AAW collaborated with Canadian women for its annual convention.
National officers for 2013 are:
- President: Sue McCrum, Mars Hill, Maine
- Past-President: Karen Yost, Billings, Montana
- First Vice President for Resolutions & Vital Issues: Doris Mold, St. Paul, Minn., and Cumberland, Wis.
- Secretary: Lisa Condon, Horicon, Wis.
- Treasurer: Peggy Clark, Dayton, Ohio
- Vice President of Education: Kris Zilliox, Omaha, Neb.
- Vice President of Communications: Lynn Woolf, Milton, Kan.
Outstanding contributors recognized
At the convention, AAW presented its 2013 VERITAS award to Richard Ulrich. Ulrich is the senior advisor on industry engagement at the Canadian Department of Agriculture and Agri-Food. The VERITAS award is given annually to a person who has given public witness to “the pursuit of truth.” It is the highest honor given to a non-member.
Three women were honored with LEAVEN awards, the organization’s highest honor for members:
- Frances Hendricks, Aumsville, Ore.
- Penny Lauritzen, Lanark, Ill.,
- Kris Zilliox, Omaha Neb.
Other outstanding contributors were presented with President’s Awards:
- Carol Chandler, Selma, Calif.
- Barbara LeVake, Yuba City, Calif.
- Ruth Jensen, Santa Maria, Calif.
- Jody Lamp, Billings, Montana
- Melody Dobson, Billings, Montana
- Karolyn Zurn, Callaway, Minn.
- Ardath DeWall, Shannon, Ill.
- Kathy Reavis, Mission, Texas
- Arlene Kovash, Monmouth, Ore.
- Rex Martin of Syngenta
Since 1974, AAW members have worked together to educate consumers; advocate for agriculture; and offer networking and professional development opportunities. Go to the AAW web site for more information and to join, www.americanagriwomen.org. Find AAW on social media at: Facebook.com/AgriWomen/ and Twitter.com/Women4Ag/ (@Women4Ag).
Submitted to BARN Media on Dec 3rd, 2013 by:
Lynn Woolf, Vice President of Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, 316-648-3717, @lynnwoolf