08-28-13 Colorado Innovation Network kicks-off 2nd annual Innovation Summit…
Posted by Brian Allmer on August 28, 2013
The event will feature speakers on a wide range of innovation topics. Sal Khan, founder of the Khan Academy, whose mission is to provide free high-quality education to everyone in the world, will kick off the summit on Aug. 28 as the keynote speaker. A former hedge fund analyst with degrees from MIT and Harvard, Khan is also the author of The One World School House, which presents his vision and blueprint for how online technology can, and should, play an integral role in educating communities across the globe.
On Aug. 29 Hikmet Erksek, president and CEO of Western Union, will begin the day speaking about Transcending Boundaries for Innovation. Ersek will focus on how Western Union’s Global reach and strategy delivers growth for a variety of key stakeholders in Colorado and around the world.
Additionally, the event features Caine Monroy, the viral Internet sensation of Caine’s Arcade, as well as global innovation experts Dietmar Harhoff, director of Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law and Munich Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Research; Hiro Nishiguchi, executive managing director of the Innovation Network Corporation of Japan; Wim Elfrink, chief globalisations officer of Cisco Systems; and Mary Grove, director of global entrepreneurship outreach at Google.
- Gov. John W. Hickenlooper
- George “Skip” Battle, Former CEO and Executive Chairman, Ask .com; Senior Fellow, Aspen Institute
- Matt Beal, EVP and Chief Technology Officer, Corporate Strategy and Product Development, CenturyLink
- U.S. Senator Michael Bennet
- Mitra Best, US Innovation Leader, PwC
- Dave Boennighausen, Chief Financial Officer, Noodles & Company
- Kelly Brough, President and CEO, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- David Butler, VP of Breakthrough Innovation, The Coca-Cola Company
- Jim Deters, Founder/CEO, Galvanize
- Wim Elfrink, Executive Vice President, Industry Solutions Group & Chief Globalisations Officer, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Daniel Epstein, Founder and CEO, Unreasonable Group
- Hikmet Ersek, President and CEO, Western Union
- Ken Fugate, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Square 1 Bank
- Mary Grove, Director, Global Entrepreneurship Outreach, Google
- Brian Gryth, Co-Founder, Hack4Colorado; Interim Program Manager, Business Intelligence Center, Colorado Secretary of State
- Michael B. Hancock, Mayor, City and County of Denver
- Dietmar Harhoff Ph.D., Director, Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law and Munich Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Research (MCIER)
- William J. Holstein, Author, The Next American Economy: Blueprint for a Real Recovery
- Kim Jordan, Co-Founder and CEO, New Belgium Brewing
- Salman Khan, Founder, Khan Academy
- Aaron Kennedy, Chief Marketing Office, State of Colorado; Founder, Noodles & Company
- Seth Levine, Managing Director, Foundry Group
- Ken Lund, Executive Director, Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- Greg Maffei, President and CEO, Liberty Media
- Ajay Menon, Chief Innovation Officer, State of Colorado; Dean of the Business School, Colorado State University
- Thomas McDonnell, President and CEO, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- Amy Millman, Co-Founder and President, Springboard Enterprises
- Caine Monroy, Boss, Caine’s Arcade
- Nirvan Mullick, LA Based Filmmaker; Founder, The Imagination Foundation
- Hiro Nishiguchi, Executive Managing Director, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan
- Danae Ringelmann, Co-Founder, Indiegogo
- Euan Robertson, President and COO, MaRS Discovery District, Canada
- Kristin Russell, Secretary of Technology and Chief Information Officer, State of Colorado; Board Chair, Colorado Innovation Network
- Pam Shockley-Zalabak, Chancellor, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- Ann Spoor, Co-Founder, Hack4Colorado; Founder and CEO, Executive Lattice and Talent Lattice
- Julia Stiglitz, Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, Coursera
- Presenting Sponsor: Arrow Electronics
- COIN Founding Sponsors: Colorado State University, Otterbox and PwC
- Gold Sponsor: GE
- Silver Sponsors: The Coca-Cola Company, Google, IHS, Savvis-CenturyLink, Liberty Media, tw telecom, TeleTech and Western Union, along with additional event partners PostModern, Quickmobile and Zenman.
The Colorado Innovation Network (COIN) was launched by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper with the mission to make Colorado the most innovative state in the nation and is a public-private partnership housed in the Colorado Office of Economic Development. COIN acts as a convener for leaders in our innovation ecosystem. To learn more about COIN, visitwww.coloradoinnovationnetwork.com.
To learn more about Colorado’s Office of Economic Development and International Trade – CLICK HERE