08-22-13 *CO-OEDIT News* CO Governor Hickenlooper proclaims Aug. 26-30 as Colorado Innovation Week…
Posted by Brian Allmer on August 22, 2013
Hickenlooper. “During Colorado Innovation Week, we will bring together top leaders to cultivate innovation and technology, and transform ideas into reality. Also, this week will showcase Colorado’s abundant networks and resources to support entrepreneurs and foster innovation.”
The innovation week milestones include:
· Aug. 26: The release of the 2013 Colorado Innovation Network (COIN) Innovation Report, in partnership with Colorado State University. The report identifies opportunities for Colorado, based on benchmark metrics in talent, access to capital and ideas (research and development) to support entrepreneurs.
· Aug. 27: Google for Entrepreneurs Day Colorado, in partnership with Google and Galvanize. This program aims to provide the tools, support and inspiration needed to foster innovative startups all around Colorado.
· Aug. 28-29: The 2nd Annual COIN Summit, which convenes 250 innovation leaders from around the state and globe to build a strong network and share best practices, and provides a stage for innovation in Colorado.
· Aug. 29: brandColorado’s unveiling of the new brand identity for Colorado. This process, which kicked off at last year’s COIN Summit, was the most inclusive, collaborative, ambitious branding initiative ever undertaken by a state.
· Aug. 29: The Colorado “Glorious Failure: In Search of Success” Innovation Prize winner will be revealed, who will receive an awards package valued at approximately $75,000. The prize is designed to showcase and accelerate innovators with high-growth potential ventures who are willing to share their lessons learned from obstacles and adversity.
Below is the complete text of Gov. Hickenlooper’s proclamation:
WHEREAS, cultivating innovation is the key to creating more jobs and growing a more competitive, dynamic and resilient economy in Colorado;
WHEREAS, Colorado understands the need to identify metrics through which we can assess
innovation performances and activities in Colorado; and
WHEREAS, Colorado understands the importance of collaboration of key stakeholders and partners to propel progress; and
WHEREAS, the Colorado Innovation Network (COIN) serves as a catalyst for innovation in the State of Colorado by building a network of innovation leaders; and
WHEREAS, Colorado already has a strong foundation for being the premier innovation hub with one of the nation’s most educated populations, establishment of 24 federal research labs, and strong and diverse industry clusters; and
WHEREAS, Colorado will be home to the next satellite United States Patent and Trademark
(USPTO) office; and
WHEREAS, Colorado will be celebrating innovation in our state with the release of the COIN
Innovation Report, hosting of the Google for Entrepreneurs Day and COIN Summit, the unveiling of the new Colorado Brand, and the reveal of the “Glorious Failure in Search of Success” Innovation Prize;
Therefore, I, John Hickenlooper, Governor of the State of Colorado, do hereby proclaim August 26-30, Innovation Week! In the State of Colorado.
These statistics have been gathered from the World Institute for Strategic and Economic Research (WISER) from raw data supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau, Foreign Trade Division and the Origin of Movement Series. The U.S. Census Bureau data includes manufactured, agricultural and mineral products and does not include services, which are not broken out by states.
To learn more about Colorado’s Office of Economic Development and International Trade – CLICK HERE