07-23-12 Weekly USMEF Audio Report: International Markets Committee a Key Highlight of Cattle Industry Summer Conference in Denver, CO…
Posted by Brian Allmer on July 23, 2012
USMEF – Denver, CO – July 23rd, 2012 - Several hundred cattlemen from across the nation will gather in Denver this week for the Cattle Industry Summer Conference. One of the conference’s best-attended sessions is sure to be Friday’s meeting of the beef industry’s Joint International Markets Committee.
The committee is chaired by Kevin Kester, a fifth-generation rancher from Parkfield, Calif. In the attached audio report, Kester addresses the important role exports play in U.S. cattle producers’ profitability and outlines some highlights of the committee’s upcoming meeting agenda, including:
· Keynote speaker Tony Clayton, president of Clayton Agri-Marketing, Inc.
· An overview of the international market environment by Philip Seng, president and CEO of the U.S. Meat Export Federation (USMEF)
· A review of how the export goals of the Beef Industry Long-Range Plan are being addressed
· An explanation of international beef trade trends by Brett Stuart, Cattle-Fax research analyst
· An international recipe tasting, featuring beef dishes from Japan, South Korea and Mexico